Medium Rigid(MR) Truck Training & Licencing

Vehicles that you can drive with a MR licence

Any motor vehicle with two axles and more than 8 tonnes GVM.
Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.
Also includes vehicles in lower classes.


Participants must:

  • Hold a current NSW C(not a learner) licence for at least one years.
  • Complete the RTA MR knowledge test and obtain a CBA (Competency Based Assessment) learners logbook and guidebook from the RTA.
  • Read the CBA guidebook before starting the course.


One Day Course
Automatic/Synchromesh Truck - with/without experience