Heavy Combination(HC) Truck Training Course

Vehicles that you can drive with a HC licence

Any prime mover attached to a semi-trailer
or a rigid vehicle towing a trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes plus any unladen converter dolly.
Also includes vehicles in lower classes.


Participants must:

  • Hold a current NSW MR or HR truck licence and have held that licence for a minimum of one year.
  • Complete the RTA HC knowledge test and obtain a CBA (Competency Based Assessment) learners logbook and guidebook from the RTA.
  • Read the CBA guidebook before starting the course.
Note: P2 licence holders cannot upgrade to this class.


One Day Express Course
Automatic/Synchromesh Truck - must know how to reverse a trailer
or Constant Mesh(Road Ranger) Truck - must know how to operate with Constant Mesh gearbox and reverse a trailer

Two Days Course
Constant Mesh(Road Ranger) Truck - must be proficient in the use of a manual transmission